Rice dishes are always popular all over the world. Especially in Asia where the quality of rice is very flavorful and aromatic. Basmati Rice in India is very famous for its long grain kernels. This recipe is made with basmati rice but any kind will work as well. Pullav, also known as pilaf, is a famous rice dish available in all Indian restaurants. Biryani is known as a very famous food and was made for all of the kings and queens. It has all of the rich ingredients like nuts and saffron. This is my simple version of Biryani Made Easy.
Vegan, Gluten free
|3 ||Tbsp ||Oil or Clear Butter |
|1 ||Small ||Potato, cubed |
|1 ||Small ||Onion, cubed |
|1 ||Cup ||Cut Green Beans, Carrots, Peas, etc |
|1 ||Cup ||Cooked Navy/Black beans |
|2 ||Cups ||Uncooked Rice |
| || ||Salt |
| || ||Pepper |
| || ||Lemon Juice |
|1 ||Stick ||Cinnamon |
|2 || ||Cloves |
| ||To Taste ||Green Chili |
| ||To Taste ||Ginger |
| ||To Taste ||Garlic |
|2 ||pods ||Cardamom |
|2 ||Tbsp ||Cumin Powder |
| || ||Garam Masala (optional) |
| || ||Chopped Cilantro |
| || ||Cashews (optional) |
| || ||Raisins (optional) |
| || ||Saffron (optional) |
- Wash rice well and soak for one hour.
- Heat oil, then add spices and fry them.
- Add veggies and saute them for 2 minutes.
- Add drained navy beans, rice, and 6 cups of water. Stir and mix well.
- Stir frequently, bringing to a boil over high heat. Then reduce the heat.
- Cover and cook for 12-15 minutes until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Garnish with cashews, raisins, bell pepper, and/or onion rings.
- This dish goes well with soup or curry or raita.
- Bell peppers of different colors, cauliflower, and/or broccoli can be added for more vegetable options.
- Easy variations can be done to one's personal taste and needs.
Labels: biryani, easy, pullav, Rice Dishes