All Indian Restaurants serve Gulab Jamun religiously. It tastes great both hot and cold. Once you try the homemade version, you may never go back to a restaurant!
|1 ||Packet ||Gulab Jamun Mix from Indian Store |
|1 ||Pint ||Whipping Cream |
|1 ||Tsp ||Cardmom Seeds |
|Few || ||Pistachios |
| || ||Vegetable Shortening for Frying |
| || ||Saffron |
|2 ||Cups ||Sugar for Syrup |
|4 ||Cups ||Water |
| || ||Rose Essence |
- Mix sugar and water in a medium pot over very low heat until sugar dissolves and it looks like syrup instead of water.
- Make a dough from the Gulab Jamun Mix packet with whipping cream.
- Knead into smooth consistency.
- Make equal portions of balls in an oblong shape.
- The trick is that the pistachios and saffron have to be stuffed in the oblong shape.
- Fry all the balls in a frying pan over low to medium heat.
- Once it is fried until golden brown, dip all of the balls into the syrup.
- Bring syrup to a boil for 3-4 minutes. This will bring puffiness into the balls.
Nutrition Facts for 1/3 Serving
This Week's Healthy Tip:
Health benefits of cardamom
Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below! I love to hear from my readers!
Join my Newsletter here to be notified when a New Recipe has posted and receive a Healthy Cooking Tip right in your inbox!
Labels: Desserts- indian sweet dishes