Quesadillas are instantly satisfying and fulfilling. Make them for a quick Saturday lunch to have a change from regular sandwiches. As you all know, it is a great Mexican dish that is low in fat. Homemade guacamole and salsa is also very tasty and fun to make and eat!
Recipe Type: Vegan,
Ingredients for Homemade Salsa:
Directions for Salsa:
|4 ||Medium ||Tomatoes |
|1 ||Medium ||Onion |
|4 ||Tsp ||Salsa, store-bought |
|2 ||Cloves ||Garlic, fresh |
|1 ||Tsp ||Ginger Paste |
|1 || ||Green Salerno Pepper |
|1 ||Bunch ||Cilantro, washed & cut |
| || ||Salt to taste |
|1 ||Can ||Tomato Sauce|
- Use a chopper or Cuisinart to chop all of the ingredients. It should not be totally liquid. You should still see some pieces.
- Make this salsa ahead of time. Refrigerate to mellow the taste.
Ingredients for the Guacamole:
- Mangoes and/or ripe papaya may be added to enhance the flavor.
- More Green Chilies may also be added.
Directions for Guacamole:
|2-3 || ||Avocadoes, ripe, peeled and smashed |
|1 ||TBsp ||Fresh Lemon Juice |
| || ||Fresh garlic, crushed |
| || ||Cilantro, chopped |
| || ||Onions, chopped |
| || ||Tomatoes |
Tips for Guacamole:
- Mix together and serve.
Ingredients for Quesadillas:
- I try to leave one avocado seed in the guacamole.
- Guacamole Ready Mix package also works well.
Directions for Quesadillas:
||Spring Onions, chopped
||Red Onion, chopped
||Jalapeño, seeded & chopped
||Mozzarella Cheese, shredded (or Vegan Cheese )
||Chopped Vegetables of your choice
Tips for Quesadillas:
- In a skillet on medium heat, lay one tortilla and layer all of the ingredients on top.
- Now cover with another tortilla.
- Heat for 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Check that the cheese has melted.
- Cut into pieces and serve with homemade salsa and guacamole.
- Garnish with lettuce and sour cream.
- There are different varieties of tortillas available in the market.
- Here I have used one package of cilantro jalapeño tortillas.
Let me know what you think by leaving a comment!
I love to hear from my readers!
Join my Newsletter here & be entered to win
"The Indian Slow Cooker" Cookbook!
Labels: Appetizers -snacks, Chutney-Relishes-pickles, Mexican