Mangoes and summer go great together. Here is a quick recipe for Mango Pulp! Mangoes are needed to ripe at room temperature. It should be soft to touch. That means it is ready for pulp and juice. Juice can be thick little ice or milk can be added to desired thickness.
Preparation time: 25 Minutes
6 Ripe Mangoes (soft to the touch so that when you press them it will leave a dent)
- Soak mangoes in cold water for half an hour.
- Squeeze a few times to soften.
- Squeeze into a bowl and blend with hand blender.
- Drain with a sieve.
- Refrigerate immediately.
- I like to leave one mango seed in the pulp so it does not tarnish.
- Ready mango pulp is easily available in cans.
- This is popularly called Ras all over state of Gujarat.
- It goes very well with puffed puri.
- Pulp is used to make Mango Lassi, Kulfi and Ice Cream.
Let me know what you think by leaving a comment!
I love to hear from my readers!
Join my Newsletter here & be entered to win
"The Indian Slow Cooker"
Labels: Desserts- indian sweet dishes, Drinks - Beverages