Papaya is easily available all over India and Thailand. One of my favorite salads is made with papaya. I love the recipe for this salad that is found in most Thai restaurants. It is healthy, tasty and adds exotic flavor to any meal. I'd like to share my version or the traditional Indian way of making papaya salad. It is low in fat, packed with antioxidants and high in vitamins.
Cooking Difficulty Level: Easy
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Recipe Type: Vegan
How to prepare:
|1 ||Small Slice ||Green Papaya (check freshness by denting |
with finger nail -milk should ooze out)
|1 ||Small ||Green Chili cut into piece lengthwise |
|1 ||Tsp ||Sugar |
|1 ||Tsp ||Lemon Juice |
|1/4 ||Tsp ||Turmeric |
|1/4 ||Tsp ||Mustard Seed |
|2 ||Tsp ||Oil |
|1/4 ||Tsp ||Asteofedia (optional) |
| || ||Salt to Taste |
| || ||Fresh Chopped Cilantro |
- Wash papaya well. Peel and grate with grater.
- Add sugar, salt, lemon juice, and mix together.
- In a small butter warmer add oil. Heat the oil on medium heat.
- Add mustard seeds, green chili, astofedia and turmeric.
- Add mixture on top of grated papaya. Add cilantro.
- Mix it well and serve with your choice of food.
Tips: Green papaya is available in an Asian store near you.
Labels: Chutney-Relishes-pickles, Salad