This side dish is tasty in itself. It is in category of relishes and called Raita. I love this recipe, it is very quick, original and very easy to make.
Cooking Difficulty Level: Easy
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
|1 || ||Carrot, shredded |
|1 ||Medium ||Onion, chopped finely |
|1 ||Small ||Tomato, chopped |
| ||Cup ||Yogurt, plain |
| || ||Salt to taste |
|1 ||Tsp ||Urad Dal |
|Few || ||Curry Leaves - limdo |
|1 || ||Green Pepper, seeded & chopped |
|Few || ||Coriander Leaves, chopped |
|2 ||Tsp ||Oil |
How to Prepare:
- Stir plain yogurt very well.
- Add salt, carrots, tomatoes and onions.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan
- Add curry leaves and urad dal.
- Once it starts to roast, add it on top of yogurt.
This is a healthy dish. I always make it with spinach rice. You've got to taste it to belive it!
Labels: Chutney-Relishes-pickles, Salad