On a Sunday I decided to make an effort to create a recipe that was low in fat and calories. I am big fan of using up what's in the refrigerator. This is what I found.
Serves: 2 people
|2 || ||Eggplants, fresh |
| || ||Dried Parsley |
| || ||Salt & Crushed Pepper |
| || ||Mexican Shredded Four Cheese |
|1 || ||Jar of store-bought Tomato & Garlic Sauce |
|Few || ||Jalapeños, sliced |
| || ||Spray Can of Olive Oil |
How to Prepare:
- Wash eggplant and cut into 1/2 inch round or lengthwise slices.
- Sauté on medium heat for 7 minutes until tender.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over eggplant and spray sparingly with olive oil.
- Move eggplant to a 9x11" baking dish.
- Cover with sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Serve with your choice of salad.
Eggplant slices can be deep fried with batter. For a different method, I like to dip eggplant slices in a corn starch batter and then dip again into bread crumbs. Then I sauté the battered slices in a pan and follow the recipe to bake.
I am very happy with the result and it is very light and low in calories and fat.
Labels: ITALIAN FOOD