This dal is high in protein and is a must in Northern India.
Cooking Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
|1 ||Cup ||Udad Dal |
|5 ||Cups ||Water |
|1 ||TBsp ||Oil |
|1 ||Tsp ||Cumin Seeds |
|1/4 ||Tsp ||Turmeric |
|1/2 ||Tsp ||Chili Powder |
| || ||Salt to taste |
|1/2 ||Tsp ||Garlic, minced |
|1 ||Tsp ||Ginger, grated |
| ||Small ||Green Pepper, chopped (optional |
How to Prepare:
- Wash and soak udad dal for at least two hours.
- Boil the water and add dal.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes until tender.
- Fry in a pan with oil, cumin seeds, ginger, chili and spices.
- Add the mixture to the dal.
- Add salt, lemon juice and let simmer for five minutes.
- Dal should be thick in consistency, not watery.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Ready to eat.
Labels: Dal-Legumes-lentils Gluten free