This recipe is very easy to make and tastes delicious.
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 60 pieces
|1 ||Cup ||Cream of Wheat or Suji |
|1 ||Cup ||Chickpea Flour or Besan |
|1 ||Cup ||Cashew Powder |
|1 ||Cup ||Almond Powder |
|1 ||Cup ||Unsweetened Coconut Flakes |
|1/2 ||Cup ||Roasted Vermicelli |
|2 ||Tsp ||Ground Cardamom Powder |
|1/2 ||Cup ||Clarified or Unsalted Butter |
|1 ||Can ||Sweetened Condensed Milk (preferably low fat) |
How to Prepare:
- Roast Cream of Wheat in a 1/4 cup of ghee on medium heat until it is golden brown and then set aside.
- Roast Besan in a 1/4 cup of ghee on medium heat until it is golden brown.
- Add Coconut to Roasted Besan and roast again for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Cream of Wheat, cashews and almond powder. Turn off the heat.
- Add Condensed Milk.
- Mix it well.
- Add Vermicelli and Cardamom Powder.
- Spread it evenly in a 9x11" pan. Smooth it out. Ghee will appear on surface.
- Garnish with Shredded Pistachios and Almonds.
- Let it sit for 6 hours to cool.
- Cut into 1 inch square pieces.
- It makes approximately 60 pieces.
- Vermicelli and Grated Coconut Flakes are readily available in an Indian Store near you.
- This sweet dish is easy to make beforehand and lasts for 15 to 20 days.
Submitted by Vasu Patel
Labels: Desserts- indian sweet dishes