How to Make Roti Video - Part 1
How to Make Roti Video - Part 2
Roti is very healthy and fulfilling. It is staple food from most of India.
Cooking Preparation Time: 30-45 Minutes
|2 ||Cups ||Whole Wheat Flour |
|2 ||Tsp ||Oil |
|2 ||TBsp ||Butter or Ghee |
|1/4-3/4 ||Cup ||Water |
|1/2 ||Cup ||Plain Flour |
| || ||Salt (optional) |
How to Prepare:
- Mix flour, oil and salt in mixing bowl.
- Add water as desired to make a dough of smooth consistency.
- Let dough sit for 30 minutes at least.
- Knead dough for a few minutes until it is very smooth and rollable.
- Divide dough equally into 12-14 pieces.
- Powder them with flour.
- Roll out with rolling pin.
- Heat the skillet.
- Place gently rolled out dough in the skillet on medium heat.
- In few seconds, bubbles will appear. Flip dough over. Let the other side cook for a few seconds and then remove it from the skillet.
- Broil it on an open flame. It will puff up.
- Apply ghee or butter and the roti is ready.
Tips: If you are a beginner, first watch someone else make this who is experienced.
Labels: Indian bread, Naan, Partha, puffed puri, Roti, Thepla