Prep time 2 hrs
8-10 medium potato boiled and cubed small pieces
1 medium onion cut
1 cup frozen peas
salt to taste
1tbsp Dry mango powder
1 tsp fennel seeds powder
ginger and green chili paste
1tsp coriander seeds
1tsp cumin seeds
1tsp pomegranate seeds, called anardana
1tsp poppy seeds
1tsp black pepper corn
few small stick of Cinnamon
few cloves 3-4
1tsp shah jiru or caraway seeds
For the dough:
2 cup of plain white flour
warm water for the dough
1tsp lemon juice
1/2 stick of butter
Oil to deep fry
How to make:
1. Knead the dough and set aside. cover with wet cloth.
2.Roast the spices on a medium low heat in a flat pan.
3.Grind the spices in spice mill and add fennel seeds.
4.Mix potatoes, peas, onion and spices and cilantro. Mix it properly so it can stick into chunk.
5. Make equal portion of dough. Roll out dough make a circle. Cut into two pieces.
6. stick together both the straight surfaces making a cone shape.
7. Fill in the mixture and press the edges together. Cover with the cloth .
Repeat the steps 5,6and 7.
8. Deep fry on high to medium heat samosa.
9. It is Ready to it.
Tips: This is a north Indian savory treat. All over India people enjoy this samosa in different ways. May be even with Ketchup or spicy chutneys or and with famous chol'e.
It is time consuming but it is worth it. Delicious.