Prep time one hour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp oil
salt to taste
1/4 tsp astofedia
1/4 tsp turmeric
1cup frozen thawed chopped fenugreek leaves from Indian store
1/4 tsp sugar
1 cup plain yogurt
oil to skillet fry
ginger and chili paste to taste
How to make:
1. Mix all the ingredients ,mix it well then with room temperature yogurt make dough.
It is rough texture dough. It is OK. Let it sir for 1-2 hours.
2. Grease hands with oil and knead dough for couple of Min's.
3. Divide it into equal parts of same size balls. Roll it into plain white flour.
and make round shape. It may be difficult at first. It is OK.
4. Heat the skillet on medium heat and gently place thapla on skillet.
5. Turn it once after couple of seconds. Apply little bit of oil on both sides. Use spatula to turn upside down till it changes color or brown .
Hard work but Tasty!
Tips: It is known that this can bread stays longer and good for traveling.
Labels: Indian bread, Naan, Partha, puffed puri, Roti, Thepla