prep time 2 hrs
serve 10-12 pcs
11/2 cup of toovar or Channa Dal( split pea or split chick peas)
1 cup jagri or sugar brown can be used
1tsp ground cardamom
8 strands of saffron
2 cup whole wheat flour 2 tsp oil
water to make dough
white flour to dust
butter or ghee
How to make:
1. Prepare dough for roti as usual and set aside.
2. Cook Dal in pressure cooker or separately.
3. In a bowl mix boiled Dal cardamom sugar and saffron. Microwave Dal for total 10 Min's.
in between stir 3to 4 times.Let it cool. set aside.
4. Knead the dough and divide into equal parts as to ready to roll.
5. Make ball of Dal into equal proportions.
6. Fill Dal ball into rolled dough. Gently handle the ball and roll it evenly and smoothly.
7. In a skillet on a medium heat place gently rolled roti.
8. Turn it over once and apply ghee. turn it over twice. fry it other side.
9. Puran poli is ready and satisfying. It serves to sweet teeth.
Tips: it does require some practice and patience. But it is fun and good to eat.
Labels: Indian bread, Naan, Partha, puffed puri, Roti, Thepla