This is a tasty breakfast for everyday. It is quick easy and fast. The people of Gujarat and Southern India love this dish so much that it is served as a staple daily.
Cooking Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
|4 ||TBsp ||Oil |
|1 ||Cup ||Cream of Wheat |
|1 ||Tsp ||Mustard Seeds |
|1 ||Tsp ||Urad Dal |
|6 || ||Curry Leaves |
|1/2 ||TBsp ||Ginger |
|1/2 ||TBsp ||Green Chili, minced |
| || ||Chopped Coriander |
|3/4 ||Cups ||Frozen Corn |
| || ||Salt to taste |
|1/4 ||Tsp ||Turmeric |
|1 1/2 ||Cups ||Yogurt |
|1 1/2 ||Cups ||Water |
How to Prepare:
Tips: Cream of wheat uses less water. Suji from the Indian Grocery store sometimes uses little bit more water. Adjust water accordingly.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Roast mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves green chili.
- Add cream of wheat or called suji and roast till it is golden brown. Do not over cook.
- Add salt, turmeric and corn.
- Mix water and yogurt together. Gently stir yogurt water into mixture.
- Stir well so it does not form any lumps.
- Let it cook for 3 minutes over low heat.
- To garnish, add some chopped cilantro leaves at the bottom of the bowl.
- Now pour the cooked upama into the bowl. Gently press.
- Flip over onto a plate.
- If desired serve with cilantro chutney.