|Photo courtesy of Healthy Meals in Minutes|
Here's a delicious way to get both your starch and your vegetables in one!
Cooking Difficulty Level: Medium
Cooking Preparation Time: 1 hour & 30-45 minutes
|Large ||Potatoes |
|1 ||Cup ||Broccoli |
|1/4 ||Cup ||Nonfat Sour Cream |
|2 ||TBsp ||Green Onions, chopped |
|1 ||Clove ||Garlic, minced or pressed |
|1/4 ||Tsp ||Salt |
|1/4 ||Tsp ||White Pepper |
How to Prepare:
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Wash and prick potatoes several times with a fork.
- Bake until tender, about 1 hour.
- While potatoes are baking, bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Please a steamer basket in the saucepan.
- Add broccoli, cover and cook for 6 minutes.
- When potatoes are done, take them out and let them cool about 15 minutes, while leaving oven on.
- When cool, slice potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the potato into a bowl while saving the skins.
- Use a blender or food processor to mix the potato, cooked broccoli, sour cream, green onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth.
- Spoon the stuffing evenly into each potato shell.
- Place stuffed potatoes on a baking sheet and bake until heated through, about 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts for Entire Recipe (4 Servings)