If you are looking for a hearty healthy soup, this one's for you. Make a batch on Sunday night and pack in single serving size storage containers to have ready to take to work for lunch or ready for an afternoon snack.
Cooking Preparation Time: 45 Minutes
Cooking Difficulty Level: Medium
Serves: Five 2 Cup Servings
|1 ||Package/Bunch ||Frozen or Fresh Broccoli, chopped |
|1 1/2 ||TBsp ||Olive Oil |
|1 ||Medium ||Yellow Onion, chopped |
|2 ||Cloves ||Garlic |
|2 ||Medium ||Russet Potatoes, peeled & cubed |
|2 ||Cups ||Water |
|2 ||Cups ||Vegetable Stock |
|2 ||Cups ||Low Fat Milk |
|1/8 ||Tsp ||Black Pepper |
How To Prepare:
- Heat oil in saucepan over low heat.
- Add onion and garlic, stirring and cooking for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add chopped broccoli, chopped potatoes, vegetable stock and water to saucepan.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Strain the soup, keeping the liquid.
- In a blender or food processor, mix broccoli mixture until smooth.
- Return mixture and liquid to pan.
- Stir in milk and pepper.
- Bring to boil over medium heat.
Nutrition Data for 1/2 Cup Serving.
Multiply for Personal Serving Size.