|Mutter & Tofu with tomato gravy |
For this week's vegan recipe, I have always wanted to see if tofu can serve as a good substitute for paneer.
I have recently bought Nasoya-brand organic cubed super firm tofu. I had some tomato sauce saved up from my previous recipe. I also decided to use some leftover red and green bell peppers.
Moreover, my son is home from college and he was craving to eat some good home-cooked meal. So here is the quick recipe for mutter ("mutter" is the Hindi word for peas) and cubed tofu with tomato gravy
- Half red and green bell peppers cubed
- Half packet of cubed tofu
- Half can of tomato sauce plain
- One medium onion cubed
- Two shallots of minced garlic
- One tbsp of minced ginger
- One cup of frozen peas
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp of red chili pepper
- 2-3 tsp of ground coriander and cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric
- 2 tsp of oil
How to make:
- Put some oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Fry onions, ginger, and garlic for 3-4 minutes till they becomes transparent.
- Microwave frozen peas for 3 minutes
- Add bell peppers, tofu, and peas to the pan.
- Mix with a wooden spoon (not metal) so that the tofu does not crumble.
- Add remaining spices. and stir softly.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and tomato sauce.
- Simmer in low heat for 10 minutes.
- You will see the color has changed.. You will know it is done with you see oil floating on the top.
- Enjoy with Naan or Paratha!
Labels: Gluten Free, Vegetables subji