|Artichoke Spinach Dip|
Artichokes are not well utilized in Indian culture, but I have always been fascinated with artichoke spinach dip.So this week I started my first experiment from scratch
- 1 artichoke
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt & black pepper
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- Parsley flakes
- 1/2 diced onion
- 2 tbsp mozzarella cheese
- Boil the artichoke. Peel each layer of petals and scrape the ends to get the edible residue off with a spoon and collect this material in a bowl.
- Scoop the fuzzy center part covering the heart out and discard it (DO NOT EAT IT). The remaining portion at the bottom is the heart- cut it into pieces.
- Cut the baby spinach and microwave it for 3 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients and mix them well.
- Top it off with mozzarella cheese and bake it for 10 minutes.
- The dip is ready to eat with your favorite chips (pita, tortilla, etc.)
Labels: Appetizers -snacks, Chutney-Relishes-pickles