Vegan - Gluten Free Squash Spaghetti
Summer is over and Autumn bring lots of vegetables. Our garden and super markets overflow with varieties of squash. This fall i fell in love with cooking with squash. I have tried for the first time spaghetti squash. This squash is an oblong seed bearing variety of winter squash. The fruit can be ivory to orange in color. It has large seeds.
Prep time:25 minutes
cooking time: 10 minutes
Perfectly vegan and Gluten free pasta
- 1 medium Spaghetti squash
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 rib celery chopped
- 2 tbsp red bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp green bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped tomato
- 2 tbsp pesto sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Few pieces of caper
How to prepare:
1. Cut the squash into four pieces.
2. Take out seeds and membrane out of squash.
Squash cut into four pieces
3. Bake the squash in oven for 20 minutes at the temperature of 200 degrees.
4. With the help of a fork scoop the spaghetti out. It comes out naturally in delicate ribbons.
Baked squash comes out easily as ribbon
5. In a wok on a medium high heat add oil.
6. Add onions, bell peppers, carrots, celery, capers salt, pepper and pesto sauce.
7. Stir fry all the ingredients gently for 3-4 minutes.
8. Fold in the spaghetti with vegetables. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes more till it is properly mixed.
Labels: capers, Gluten Free, spaghetti squash, vegan, Vegetables side dish