Green Beans are an every day staple meal that is included in our diet. Almost once a week it is cooked in our household. Here is a quick recipe. Green beans are also called Fansi Nu Shaak.
Cooking Difficulty Level:
|2 ||Pounds ||Fresh Green Beans |
|2 ||Tablespoons ||Oil|
|1/2 || ||Small Chopped Onion (optional) |
|1/4 ||Teaspoon ||Red Chili Powder |
|1/4 ||Teaspoon ||Turmeric |
|2 ||Teaspoons ||Coriander & Cumin Powder |
|1 ||Teaspoon ||Ajwain |
| ||Pinch ||Astofedia |
| || ||Fresh Grated Coconut to garnish |
| || ||Chopped Cilantro to garnish |
| || ||Salt to taste|
How to prepare:
|Washed & Cut Grean Beans|
- Wash, trim and chop green beans into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a medium sauce pan with a lid.
- Add Ajwain and Astofedia and Green Beans.
- Add Salt, Turmeric, Coriander and Cumin Powder.
- Stir well and cover.
- Reduce heat to low, mix well and cook for 10 minutes until done.
- Garnish with Cilantro and Chopped Onion.
- Slivered Almonds and Shaved Coconut Flakes can be used as garnish also.
- An easy variation of this recipe would be to add small cut potatoes. Chopped onion or peas also goes well.
- It is ideal with Roti, Rice and any kind of Dals.
Labels: Vegetables subji