|Eggplant and potatoes|
Level: very easy recipe
AO = Anti-Oxidant ,
DF = Dairy Free
,GF = Gluten Free
,HF = High Fiber,
LS = Low Sugar,
V = Vegan
6 small potatoes washed
6 small eggplant washed
3Tbsp besan or chick pea flour
4 Tbsp crushed peanuts powder
salt to taste
2tsp fennel seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp red chili powder
2tsp coriander and cumin powder each
1tsp ginger and green chili paste
4 Tbsp of oil
- This recipe involves plenty of planning and it requires bite size potatoes and eggplant.
- Indian grocery stores carry almost all the ingredients. Local grocers has big eggplants and potatoes which can be cut to the desired size. Fresh ingredients and fresh vegetables are healthier and taste better than frozen or processed ingredients - keep that in mind when you're shopping
- Make a slit on potatoes and eggplant on both ends so the spice mixture can be placed in them.
- Fry besan in a pan with
one tbsp of oil on low heat for a couple of minutes until it changes color
- Mix all the ingredients and fill in the slits in eggplant and potatoes.
- In a pressure cooker add oil, eggplant, and potatoes.
- Sprinkle a little water on top so the vegetables stay little moist.
- Make three whistle if you're using an Indian cooker otherwise 10-15 minutes on the stove top or a regular cooker.
- Once cooker is cooled down insert a knife to check that the potatoes are cooked properly.
- Take it out in a serving container and garnish with shredded coconut and cilantro.
- Enjoy with your favorite bread and rice.
Labels: Vegetables subji