Prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 10-12 minutes
cooking level: very easy
AO = Anti-Oxidant
DF = Dairy Free
GF = Gluten Free
HF = High Fiber
Ls =Low Sugar
V = Vegan
2 cup washed and cut cauliflower florets small
1 cup washed and cut potatoes cubes
1/2 cup frozen peas thawed
1/2 cup washed and cut tomatoes
salt to taste
2 tbsp vegetable oil
|cauliflower,peas and potatoes in a wok cooking |
1tsp mustard seeds
1tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric
1tsp coriander powder
1tsp cumin powder
1tsp garam masala optional
2 pc cinnamon sticks optional
2-3 cloves optional
cilantro to garnish
- In a microwave boil cut cubed potatoes for 2-3 minutes with little water. Set aside.
- In a wok on medium heat add oil. Add cinnamon sticks,cloves and mustard and cumin seeds.
- Once it sizzles add cauliflower and stir.
- Drain water and add potatoes,peas and stir gently upside down.
- Add salt and rest of the spices one by one. stir gently making sure spice and flower and potatoes, peas are mixing well. As it gets cooked it will start changing colors. Cover for 2-3 minutes on slow medium heat.
- Add cut tomatoes and if desired add garam masala. Mix properly.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve with roti and dals. ( see recipe in blog)
If you enjoy this dish and have comments please let me know. It'a easy to alter this recipe to suit your tastes - you can use broccoli, cabbage or a wide variety of other vegetables to change up the flavor. Enjoy!
Labels: Vegetables subji