Autumn is Here!! My vegetable garden is almost done for the season:(
If you are left with plenty of raw green tomatoes or If you love green tomatoes!! Here is the recipe with raw green tomatoes.
Cooking Level: Very easy
Preparation Time: Five minutes
Cooking Time: Ten minutes
4 medium size raw green tomatoes
1 Tsp of Sesame seeds
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
1 tsp Brown sugar or Jaggery/Molasses
1/4 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp each Coriander & Cumin powder
1 tsp oil
|Green Tomatoes |
Salt to taste
- Microwave diced tomatoes in microwave oven for 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the oil on a medium high heat.
- Add mustard and sesame seeds. Add jaggery/molasses or brown sugar and stir until sugar turns brown in color.
- Add salt ,coriander, cumin powder, turmeric, cayenne pepper and tomatoes.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes till it mixes well.
- You can note that it will change color to golden yellow.and now its ready to serve. Tomato subji can be stored as pickle for a week in a refrigerator. Also, you can make green tomatoes Enchilada sauce aka Verde sauce. Salsa or fried tomatoes. Enjoy!!
Did you know!! green tomatoes are Very low in saturated fat, No cholesterol, High in dietary fiber, High in iron, High in manganese, High in magnesium, High in niacin, Very high in pantothenic acid, High in phosphorus, Very high in potassium, High in thiamin, Very high in vitamin A, High in vitamin B6, Very high in vitamin C.
Labels: Chutney-Relishes-pickles, Gluten Free, green tomatoes pickle or subji, Jain, mustard, sesame, vegan, Vegetables subji