Zucchini pasta is a gluten free, vegan pasta. It is great for picky eater kids. Zucchini has lots of vitamins. It is low in calories, contains no saturated fats. Thus it makes ideal dish for weight watchers.
Prep time : Ten minutes
Cook time : Five minutes
I have tried zucchini pasta with different sauces and ingredients and every time it tastes great. My favorite one is with pesto sauce recipe is below.
- 2 Fresh Zucchini
- 2 Tbsp Pesto sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Black beans from can rinsed and drained
- Mandoline peeler to make ribbons of pasta
- 2 Tbsp Sunflower seeds
- 5 Cherry Tomatoes
How To Prepare:
1. Wash and clean fresh zucchini. Cut both the ends off.
2. To make Zucchini pasta use a spiral mandoline to transform the zucchini into delicate thin ribbons.
3. No need to cook zucchini in the oven. Squeeze out excess water with cheese cloth if there is any excess water.
4. In a wok on a medium heat add olive oil, lemon juice and fresh basil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. 5. Add pesto sauce, black beans and Saute' for couple of minutes.
6. Garnish with sunflower seeds for the crunch.
Yummy Low carb Pasta
How did your pasta turn out? Let me know in your comments!
Try carb free gluten free my Spaghetti Squash pasta recipe!
Labels: Low carb.Gluten free Pasta