Recently my neighbor gave me a fresh butternut squash from her vegetable garden. I have some fresh ridge gourd from my home garden. Suddenly it reminded me a traditional recipe from my home town Patan, from state of Gujarat, India.
Here, today I have old version of a quick recipe of stir fry Ridge Gourd and Butternut squash in new environment. It is healthy quick and best part of it can be substituted for any other vegetables.
My Home Town
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: 10 Minutes
cooking level very easy
Gluten free, Jain ,Vegan
Butternut Squash and Ridge Gourd
- 2 cups chopped butternut squash
- 2 cups chopped ridge gourd
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of chili
- 2 tsp coriander/cumin powder
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- pinch of astofedia
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
|Cut Pieces of Ridge Gourd and Butternut Squash|
How to Make:
- On a medium heat in a wok add two spoon of oil.
- Add a pinch of astofedia and add ridge gourd and squash.
- Stir fry all the vegetables gently. Add salt, chili, tuermeric and coriander/cumin powder. Add lemon juice.
- Saute' the vegetables. Cover and let it cook. Stirring them occasionally. It will take 4-5 mintues.
Congratulations, you just made a delicious stir fry vegetable dish loaded with vitamins!
BONUS: For variation peas can be added. Enjoy :)
Labels: Butternut Squash, Ridge gourd